[Mongrel] MogileFS handler

Philippe Jayet hip at lan-attack.ch
Thu Nov 2 04:32:15 EST 2006

Hello,

I've been using NFS for sharing files across a cluster of servers but
I've had a lot of problems with that. I'm planning to move to MogileFS
which seems to be more stable and more adapted to this usage (lots of
user uploaded files).

I wonder if someone has already worked on an integration of MogileFS
into Mongrel (and Rails app) for serving the files ? If not, I think of
writing a handler that would act as a bridge between the MogileFS keys
and the actual files.

I could use Perlbal from Danga but it involves a new technology (Perl)
and a new setup.

What do you think about this ?

Thanks for all,

Philippe