[Mongrel] Mongrel and capistrano

Metin Amiroff amiroff at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 14:04:22 EST 2006

Hello list,
I discovered mongrel just a few days ago and it already won me overlighttpd for deployment of my future project, so my honestcongratulations to author.
My question though is, how one could use capistrano with mongrel (orvice versa) to automate deployments. Since mongrel is plain HTTP anddoes not use fastcgi, will it need to be restarted after each checkouton deployment server like lighttpd? There is really so few documentson deploying Rails, especially with mongrel, I would really appreciateany help here.
My second concirn is logging. Current apache + php setup allows me touse awstats to generate a plethora of statistics about visits. Sincewe decide to use mongrel instead of Apache what would the situation bein this case? How can I get some kind of statistics? Should I use abackup server or maybe mongrel is going to provide some apachecompatible log files in future?
Best regards,
Metin--Pace Peace Paix Paz Frieden Pax Pokój Friður Fred BékeHasiti Lapé Hetep Malu Mир Wolakota Santiphap Irini PeochShanti Vrede Barış Rój Mír Taika Rongo Sülh Py'guapy