[Mongrel] Test out the upcoming plugins stuff for me

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Sun Mar 5 18:14:48 EST 2006

Hi folks,

I've been working on the plugins system this weekend and I think I've nailed
it down.  The system will basically be able to load gems that are configured
right to be plugins.  It'll do it fairly dynamically and shouldn't require
any configuration from the end user other than to install the gem.

Doing this though will involve a bit of surgery on the svn repo since I've
moved the mongrel/plugins.rb file into it's own complete little gem and
project.  Before I do this I want to make sure everything works for people
from an end user point of view.

If you all could hit http://zedshaw.homelinux.org:3000/files and follow the
instructions in "test_for_me.txt" file I'd appreciate it.  If it all works
for everyone then I'll do a similar setup for the win32 stuff and a couple
of sample plugins.