[Mongrel] Ready to do 0.3.7 release.

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Thu Mar 2 02:40:36 EST 2006

Hey Folks,

I've got all the goods ready to go, but this time before I release I'd like
people who are tracking svn to check out and try their apps.  I'm
specifically looking for:

1)  Make sure the commands all work for you.
2)  Tell me if your apps still are served correctly.
3)  If you see a big performance drop.  I'm finding that the BSD based OS
are just horrible.  FreeBSD and OSX are about 1/3 as fast as a dinky little
Linux system.  Even Windows beats them, so I'm interested in other people's
performance stories.
4)  People with multiple processors on Win32 should try Luis' new CPU
affinity stuff.  Check the:

    mongrel_rails_service install -h

For how to use that.
5)  Any other little bugs you think need fixing.

I'm hoping this release is very stable and worthy enough for people to start
playing with in semi-production deployments.

If nobody objects then I'll post tomorrow afternoon.

Zed