[Mongrel] [ANN] Mongrel 0.3.13.3 -- Ruby Licensed Release

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Fri Jun 30 17:53:31 EDT 2006

Hello Everyone,

This is the official 0.3.13.3 release of Mongrel.

Mongrel is now released under the *Ruby license* instead of the LGPL.
I'm hoping this increases the adoption of Mongrel even further and
hopefully I can start pushing to get Mongrel included in Ruby directly.

INSTALL

As usual, you install it with your friendly gem install method of
choice:

  gem install mongrel

Or whatever works for you.  If the mirror doesn't update for you fast
enough, you can also grab it with:

  gem install mongrel --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/

CHANGES

There was just a small fix to get object count logging with the -B
option working again.  Let me know if this blows up for you when you
turn it on.

Also, this release will print the access log to the screen when you're
not in daemon mode.  Let me know if you like or dislike this.

A NEW BUGS MASCOT!

I counted the votes today at about 5pm and it looks like Jake won.  You
can see a graph of the results at:

http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/images/bug_votes.png

And take a look at Jake at:

http://www.sonoma-marinfair.org/uglydogvote.shtml

I'll be contacting Jake's owner soon to see if I can use him on the
Mongrel site as the mascot for the Bugs page.

--
Zed A. Shaw
http://www.zedshaw.com/