[Mongrel] [mongrel] Mongrel says it works, but it doesn't

Will_Green at URSCorp.com Will_Green at URSCorp.com
Thu Jun 29 13:04:44 EDT 2006

Try http://127.0.0.1:3000

0.0.0.0 is an invalid IP address, and just means it (Mongrel or Webrick) is
listening on every IP address that is available on your system.

==
Will Green
Web Developer & IT Coordinator, URS Creative Imaging
http://www.urscreativeimaging.com/
7650 West Courtney Campbell Causeway
Suite 700
Tampa, FL 33607
813.675.6849 (direct)
813.286.1711 (main)

 This e-mail and any attachments are confidential. If you receive this
 message in error or are not the intended recipient, you should not retain,
 distribute, disclose or use any of this information and you should destroy
 the e-mail and any attachments or copies.

             basaah
             <baswilbers at gmail
             Sent by:                  mongrel-users at rubyforge.org
             mongrel-users-bou                                          cc
             nces at rubyforge.or
             g                                                     Subject
                                       [Mongrel] [mongrel] Mongrel says it
                                       works, but it doesn't
             06/29/2006 12:53
             PM

             Please respond to
             mongrel-users at rub
                yforge.org

Hello, I came to know of mongrel by pure chance, it interrested me cause
webrick never worked and instantrails for rails was very slow. the problem
with webrick is/was is that it says just this:

>ruby script/server
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rexml/entity.rb:21: warning: character class
has `-' without escape
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rexml/entity.rb:21: warning: character class
has `-' without escape
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rexml/entity.rb:21: warning: character class
has `-' without escape
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rexml/entity.rb:21: warning: character class
has `-' without escape
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rexml/doctype.rb:196: warning: regexp has
`]' without escape
=> Booting WEBrick...
=> Rails application started on http://0.0.0.0:3000
=> Ctrl-C to shutdown server; call with --help for options
[2006-06-29 18:46:04] INFO  WEBrick 1.3.1
[2006-06-29 18:46:04] INFO  ruby 1.8.4 (2005-12-24) [i386-mswin32]
[2006-06-29 18:46:04] INFO  WEBrick::HTTPServer#start: pid=1748 port=3000

but when I point my browser to http://0.0.0.0:3000 I get that firefox
cannot make connection etc.
this is realy shit cause now rails (nitro or any other webrock server has
the very same problem)
just won't work.

So when I heard of mongrel I thought, jahoee, maby I still can enjoy my own
webserver made in ruby.
but quess what? this is mongrel's message
>mongrel_rails start
** Starting Mongrel listening at 0.0.0.0:3000
** Starting Rails with development environment ...
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rexml/entity.rb:21: warning: character class
has`-' without escape
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rexml/entity.rb:21: warning: character class
has`-' without escape
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rexml/entity.rb:21: warning: character class
has`-' without escape
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rexml/entity.rb:21: warning: character class
has`-' without escape
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rexml/doctype.rb:196: warning: regexp has
`]' without escape
** Rails loaded.
** Signals ready.  INT => stop (no restart).
** Mongrel available at 0.0.0.0:3000
** Use CTRL-C to stop.

and when I point my browwser to 0.0.0.0:3000 it had accatly the same
problem as with webrick it looks like mongrel only prints these messaged
and then... nothing.

does anybody know what causes these very enoying frustadeble(is that a
word) thing and leaves me with empty hands and no rails or nitro(more
important exactly)

--
<<{{}}[]greetings bas[]{{}}>>