[Mongrel] [ANN] Mongrel Pre-Release -- RailsConf

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Sat Jun 24 13:15:35 EDT 2006

Hey Folks,

I've been meeting lots of great folks at RailsConf and in my spare time
hacking up this latest pre-release of Mongrel.  It features the
following new goodies:

* Change to user:group is done *after* the socket is bound, but still as
early as possible.
* Mongrel will try to reap dead threads as soon as possible, especially
when it gets overloaded with too many open files.
* Minor tweaks to documentation.

I'm not making this release official until after RailsConf because I
want to see folks use it.  It should help prevent more situations where
Mongrel can go into a state where it's not listening anymore.  Next
thing to come is the ability to set how long a thread has to be active
before it's considered old.

As usual:

  gem install mongrel --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/

No win32 on this one since I'm going to release it officially right

Zed A. Shaw