[Mongrel] [ANN] Mongrel -- RailsConf 2006 Release

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Sun Jun 25 10:46:54 EDT 2006

Hello folks,

Another release going out based on the very limited work done at
RailsConf.  Despite all the fun and the talks I did manage to squeeze in
some more defensive maneuvers for everyone's favorite canine ninja, and
sit down with Why and Rick Olsen to hook up the mongrel_upload_progress
plugin.  They quickly working to get Rails and Camping gear to do nice
upload progress notifiers.

This release sports the following additions:

  * Mongrel now defends against file starvation better by killing off
any threads that take longer than 60 seconds, but *only* if it has run
out of files.
  * Small parts have extra functionality to allow you to add a
"notification filter".  This filter is a handler that will get notified
about the entire HTTP process rather than just receive the final
request.  Check out the mongrel_upload_progress gem to see how that
  * A few small fixes, mostly in the errors that are printed out.
  * The new mongrel_upload_progress plugin by Why and Rick that gives
you the goodies.

As usual you can install with any of the following commands:

  gem install mongrel
  gem update
  gem update mongrel
  gem install mongrel --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases

If one doesn't work, try the others, try uninstalling first, and try
reading the RubyGems documentation.

Finally, you might have to wait a bit while the mirrors get updated and
while I flip over to win32 to actually post their build.  Should by up
by 10:30am CDT.

Zed A. Shaw