[Mongrel] changing user/group on port 80

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Sat Jun 24 13:24:33 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-22 at 13:04 -0500, Doug Selph wrote:
> I'm trying to run mongrel on port 80 and switch to a different
> user/group from root. As root, this works:

Hey Doug, make sure to try out the pre-release today and let me know if
it works for you.

Also, when you start to get into running Mongrel more as a real server,
I'm going to probably push back on feature requests.  Mongrel was
specifically designed to be run as a non-privileged user on a higher
port in order to avoid these kinds of things.  In reality if you're
running Mongrel you should put it behind another web server and let that
web server defend port 80 for you.

--
Zed A. Shaw
http://www.zedshaw.com/