[Mongrel] [ANN] Mongrel -- Quick Small Fixes

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Wed Jun 21 01:57:08 EDT 2006

Hi Everyone,

This is a small release that fixes a little bug, some of the
documentation, and adds the new RedirectHandler code and a @redirect@
call for the mongrel.conf files.  It's fresh so don't rely on it.
Everyone should upgrade with the usual *gem update* command (which tells
you it's "Upgrading...") and tell me how it works.

This release fixes:

* The -C configure file option was busted because of an errant line
* Adds RedirectHandler thanks to Jonas Pfenniger and a new redirect call
to Configurator.
* Fixes mongrel_servic documentation which was referring to -r instead
of -c and -C instead of -u.

USING RedirectHandler

Redirects are pretty simple.  You simply have either a new
RedirectHandler class you can use or you can put this in a mongrel.conf
and pass that to -S:

  redirect "/from", "/to"

It also accepts regex for the @from@ parameter and can take a block.
Play with it if you're interested.

It looks like Safari does not honor the @Content-Encoding: deflate@
response, so avoid using DeflateFilter until I can find out why.  *This*
is why you don't hand code network protocol parsers.

I'm actually an idiot and scheduled my RailsConf trip a day early.  I've
gotta work that day so I'm going to be at the Radisson near the
conference hotel if people want to meet me.

Here's my face:

Anyone interested in having a Mongrel get together either tomorrow or
during the conference should put their picture in the facebook, tag it
with mongrel, and I'll work out something based on interest.  Mike Clark
is interested in doing a BOF too.  Should be fun.

Zed A. Shaw