[Mongrel] cluster::restart vs. stop/start

Jason Young jason.young at eXtension.org
Tue Jun 20 12:04:58 EDT 2006

What's the difference, architecturally between cluster::restart and
cluster::stop/start (I haven't looked at the code, which is kinda
lazy of me to ask the question I know)

If they aren't very different actually, can I put a plug in for
having cluster::restart do a "start" if something's happened and
mongrel is stopped for that configuration?   It appears
that ::restart doesn't start a stopped configuration, and logically
to me, (or at least consistently with most process restart commands)
it should.

Jason Young --  Systems Engineer, eXtension