[Mongrel] Mongrel+Mint

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Mon Jun 19 21:46:33 EDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 18:30 -0700, Scott Walter wrote:
> Hi,

> Basically inside the /mint folder there is an index.php, so the
> url /mint/?js should really be going to /mint/index.php?js
I'd first see if there's a way to stop doing that.  That's just nasty
looking and in general bad form since it isn't identifying a specific
resource to accept the query parameters (and that parameter smells bogus

> When I had my Apache+FCGI setup I had to add the following code to
> the .htaccess file under my Rails public directory to get it to work:
> RewriteEngine On
> RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/mint.*
> RewriteRule .* - [L]
This should work, but double check that you put this in with the mongrel
rewrite rules and that these are first.  Also, turn on your rewrite logs
extra high so you can trace what apache thinks the request is.  This
helps a lot.

Zed A. Shaw