[Mongrel] Mongrel+Mint

Scott Walter tx_scottwalter at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 19 21:30:49 EDT 2006

I'm attempting to migrate an app from Apache+FCGI to Apache+Mongrel.  I'm using Apache 2.0 with the latest Mongrel release.  I'm having an issue with the Mint stats package and Mongrel not picking up the following url:  /mint/?js

Basically inside the /mint folder there is an index.php, so the url /mint/?js should really be going to /mint/index.php?js

When I had my Apache+FCGI setup I had to add the following code to the .htaccess file under my Rails public directory to get it to work:

RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/mint.*
RewriteRule .* - [L]

Is somehow the translation being lost in the proxying of the requests
from Apache to Mongrel?

Here is my virtual host I have setup in Apache:

ProxyPass /
  ProxyPassReverse /
ServerName beta.perficient.com
ServerAdmin "support at perficient.com"
CustomLog "/u/apps/snippets/current/log/access_log" "combined"
ErrorLog "/u/apps/snippets/current/log/error_log"

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

What's an Intel chip doing in a Mac? A whole lor more that it's ever done in a PC.

My Digital Life - http://scottwalter.com/blog
Pro:Blog - http://scottwalter.com/problog
Snippets  - http://snippets.scottwalter.com