[Mongrel] Hosting multiple Rails applications with Mongrel

Maarten Hendrikx maarten.hendrikx at gmail.com
Sun Jun 18 16:06:45 EDT 2006

Yes, I tried different setups this afternoon and this is indeed the way to
go :-)
We're thinking about offering both setups to our customers, so mod_fcgid for

the smaller applications. The bigger ones can use the balancing feature of
together with Mongrel.

I must say the I really like the fact that Mongrel starts up really quickly
and keeps running.
With mod_fcgid you always have to pay a startup cost.