[Mongrel] Mongrel_rails restart and sudo

Tom Brice tom at onidle.com
Sun Jun 18 14:38:25 EDT 2006

On 6/18/06 1:22 PM, Neil Wilson  wrote:

> Are you still getting the mongrel cluster to use port 81, or are the ports
> now above 1024?

I'm using 4 mongrels starting at 8000 for the cluster.  The errors I had
previously were one mongrel (mongrel_rails start ... No mongrel_cluster)
which required sudo.  Now that I'm using mongrel_cluster the mongrels start
under my user and do not require sudo.

Seems like :use_sudo defaulting to TRUE in Capistrano did not work for some
commands on my server.  Particularly anything that involved more than one
command.  One-liners execute sudo as expected, mulitple commands do not.

Let me know if you have any suggestions as I'm keen to understand the
system.  That said, for now I'm running.

Thanks for your help,
Tom