[Mongrel] [ANN] MongrelDay Documentation -- Memoirs Of A Web Server
zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Sun Jun 18 04:14:23 EDT 2006
While everyone else was out having fun with RailsDay I spent my time
wisely and wrote up tons of documentation for Mongrel and cleaned out
some of the docs I'll never write anyway. I also took the time to apply
some nice patches from Jonas Pfenniger for easily setting up redirects
Some of the highlighted documents people will be interested in are:
* http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/docs/ -- The main documentation listing.
* http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/adoption.html -- People who've adopted
Mongrel. E-mail me if you want a mention.
* http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/not_mongrel.html -- Required reading for
* http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/docs/litespeed.html -- Litespeed
documentation from Alison Rowland.
* http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/docs/pen_balance.html -- Pen and Balance
documentation (might not work right).
* http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/docs/security.html -- Short notes on web
application security and Mongrel.
* http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/docs/distributed_worker.html --
Offloading work to a "Distributed Worker". More to come on this topic.
There's lots more that were cleaned up, but if you find any errors feel
free to shoot me the corrections.
SUGGESTING AND WRITING
If you think there's some documentation that needs to be written then
shoot me an e-mail and read:
That tells you all the stuff you need to do to write a documentation
page. I know one person who got a job from his documentation for
Mongrel, so it's a money maker too! I'm starting pyramid schemes this
MONGREL IS #2!
I'm not a competitive person, but *in your face One-Click*! Mongrel
finally beat it out. Now to just take down RubyGems. I think it
shouldn't count since everyone needs it. What do you think?
BTW, if anyone wonders why I support win32, just ask yourself why the
Ruby One-Click installer is consistently in the top three projects on
RubyForge. Yeah, windows doesn't matter at all.
Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Apache docs and 0.3.13.1 up next!
Zed A. Shaw
More information about the Mongrel-users