[Mongrel] Mongrel_rails restart and sudo

Tom Brice tom at onidle.com
Sat Jun 17 21:03:40 EDT 2006

On 6/17/06 1:30 AM, Neil Wilson  wrote:
> Can you try this
>
> sudo ruby -e 'puts Process.euid; puts Process.uid'
>
> and see if you get two zeroes.

SSH'd into my server I get this:
% sudo ruby -e 'puts Process.euid; puts Process.uid'
Password:
0
0

On 6/17/06 1:35 AM, Neil Wilson  wrote:

> And while you're at it try this as well.
>
> sudo ruby -e 'exec "ruby -e \"puts Process.euid; puts Process.uid\""'
>
> NeilW

I get:
% sudo ruby -e 'exec "ruby -e \"puts Process.euid; puts Process.uid\""'
0
0

I'm now using mongrel_cluster and it's cap tasks are starting the server as
my user (thus not requiring sudo).  The mongrel_cluster restart seems to
work as well.

I'm still a bit baffled about the sudo on this machine.  I had to set
:use_sudo, FALSE for cap -a configure_mongrel_cluster.  The server is a
Xserve running OS X Server 10.4.5.

Tom