[Mongrel] Mongrel_rails restart and sudo

Neil Wilson neil at aldur.co.uk
Sat Jun 17 02:30:22 EDT 2006

I don't get the same problem on Ubuntu linux using the same commands. Are
you using Solaris?

Looks to me like exec is not holding root identity, which may mean that sudo
is only setting the Effective UID and not the real one.

Can you try this

sudo ruby -e 'puts Process.euid; puts Process.uid'

and see if you get two zeroes.

Neil Wilson (neil at aldur.co.uk)