[Mongrel] mongrel_upload_progress & plugin question in general

Jan Svitok jan.svitok at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 04:58:19 EDT 2006

look for documentation for Mongrel::Configurator.
It has method plugin that returns an instance of particular handler:

uri '/whatever', :handler => plugin('/handlers/progress', options)

if you have
class Progress < GemPlugin::Base '/handlers'

plugin('/handlers/progress', options)

is the same as

Then, if you use mongrel_rails, you can use -S switch to insert
additional configuration into
RailsConfigurator, which is a subclass of Mongrel::Configurator

In your script write:

uri '/whatever', :handler => plugin('/handlers/progress', options)

Hope this helps.

What was useful for me to figure this out:
- reading the rdoc for mongrel and gemplugin
- reading the thread on progress plugin on this list
- reading the source of mongrel_rails
- reading the source of another plugin, but I don't remember which one it was