[Mongrel] StatusHandler

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Mon Jun 12 09:19:14 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 00:20 -0700, Michael A. Schoen wrote:
> Zed,
> Very cool, finally got around to playing with StatusHandler and
> StatisticsHandler. One thing that was missing that I wanted was insight
> into _what_ the RailsHandler was working on, and what was queued up
> while it sat in single-threaded mode -- ie., the current list of requests.
> W/ the attached mongrel.conf, I hacked the RailsHandler to keep a hash
> of active requests, and spit that out in the StatusHandler.

Pretty cool.  I'll look at adding this, but I'll have to work out how to
include that RailsHandler monkey patch.  I'll see if tracking rails
requests is a big performance hit or not, and if it's not that big then
I'll just do this (I can see other uses for this).  If it's a hit then
I'll have to devise a way to selectively enable this.

Zed A. Shaw