[Mongrel] mongrel ( blows up

Jason Young jason.young at eXtension.org
Sat Jun 10 19:55:57 EDT 2006

You already have something on that box (maybe even an daemonized
mongrel_rails process) running on port 3000

Try doing a netstat -tlp (if your netstat supports that) and seeing
what other process is holding on to port 3000.

On Jun 10, 2006, at 7:41 PM, Carl Lerche wrote:

> Hello, I don't know if this is really relevant anymore because a new
> version is about to be released it seems, however I've been trying to
> run mongrel on a development server in development mode
> (simply with mongrel_rails start). I try to access the server and the
> first page (static file) loads, but then the server dies and I get
> this in the logs.

> ** Mongrel available at
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-
> tcphack.rb:6:in `initialize_without_backlog': Address already in use
> - bind(2) (Errno::EADDR

Jason Young --  Systems Engineer, eXtension