[Mongrel] [ANN] Mongrel 0.3.13 Pre-Release -- Win32! Win32!

Kevin Williams kevwil at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 11:10:25 EDT 2006

I just played with the service stuff for the first time (win32), and
it seems _almost_ perfect.

The service installed and ran just fine. Stopping the service actually
did stop the service but the call threw an exception. Removing the
service seems to have only disabled the service rather than actually
removing it.

On 6/10/06, zedshaw at zedshaw.com <zedshaw at zedshaw.com> wrote:
> > Hello Windows Users!
> >
> > I have finally got my new computer with it's win32 build working and
> > have just done the first pre-release for 0.3.13 that has win32 support.
> >
> > *** All win32 users should try to grab the pre-release and tell me if it
> > works. ***
> >
> > You can install it with:
> >
> >   $ gem install mongrel --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/
> >

> Correction!  You have to do these things instead:
>
> gem install win32-service
> gem install mongrel --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/
> gem install mongrel_service --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/
>
> Then you'll now not use mongrel_rails_service, but instead just use
> mongrel_rails and you'll get these commands:
>
>  - restart
>  - service::install
>  - service::remove
>  - service::start
>  - service::stop
>  - start
>  - stop
>  - version
>
> The service::install, service::remove, service::start, and service::stop
> now all do what the mongrel_rails_service sript did.
>
> This means DO NOT DO THIS ON PRODUCTION SITES!!!!!!!!
>
> Sorry for the confusion.  Thanks.
>
> Zed A. Shaw

Cheers,

Kevin