[Mongrel] [ANN] Mongrel 0.3.13 Pre-Release -- Win32! Win32!

zedshaw at zedshaw.com zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Sat Jun 10 03:01:03 EDT 2006

> Hello Windows Users!
>
> I have finally got my new computer with it's win32 build working and
> have just done the first pre-release for 0.3.13 that has win32 support.
>
> *** All win32 users should try to grab the pre-release and tell me if it
> works. ***
>
> You can install it with:
>
>   $ gem install mongrel --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/

Correction!  You have to do these things instead:

gem install win32-service
gem install mongrel --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/
gem install mongrel_service --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/

Then you'll now not use mongrel_rails_service, but instead just use
mongrel_rails and you'll get these commands:

 - restart
 - service::install
 - service::remove
 - service::start
 - service::stop
 - start
 - stop
 - version

The service::install, service::remove, service::start, and service::stop
now all do what the mongrel_rails_service sript did.

This means DO NOT DO THIS ON PRODUCTION SITES!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the confusion.  Thanks.

Zed A. Shaw