[Mongrel] Ajax and IE causing Page Not Found and 500 Errors behind SSL

Curtis Spencer thorin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 14:27:29 EDT 2006

> Hey Curtis, can you tell me the versions of your operating system,
> Apache, Mongrel, and Ruby?  Can't really go on much without that.
>
> As for HTTP/1.1 -- Mongrel is an HTTP/1.1 only web server.  There should
> be no clients that claim to be 1.0 anymore, but Mongrel will accept
> requests from them, it just doesn't do much to support 1.0.  Trying to
> support both is really not worth the effort in order to support such a
> tiny share of the servers out there.  If you have 1.0 clients that
> absolutely can't be upgraded, then put Mongrel behind apache (like you
> are) or Pound and have those proxy servers do the translation.

Zed,

 Thanks for the quick reply.  After logging the environment
 variables such as nokeepalive, I found that the BrowserMatch statement
 that I had wasn't working because it was for the _default_:443 virtual
 host the environment variables weren't being set properly.  So I put
 another

 BrowserMatch ...

 inside the more specific virtual host and I was getting the downgrade
 to 1.0 effect I desired. My curl output now looks like this:

 HTTP/1.0 200 OK