[Mongrel] Comet/Continuations/Armeggedon

Rick Olson technoweenie at gmail.com
Tue Jun 6 18:30:01 EDT 2006

> Has there been any thought or discussion to adding such a feature to
> Mongrel?  I realize it probably seems a bit pie-in-the-sky at
> present, but it could really enable some exciting new types of in-
> browser applications.  Combined with all the innovation that is going
> into Rails apps now, it could produce some really thrilling
> applications.

I think a Mongrel Gem Plugin would be a much better fit.  Zed has done
a great job of making it easily extensible.  Josh Ferguson released a
secure download plugin
(http://rubyforge.org/projects/msecuredownload/) for mongrel.   I also
added you to the mongrel upload progress backpack page
(http://technoweenie.backpackit.com/pub/602283) that I've set up.  The
code isn't *quite* ready so I have not set up a rubyforge project yet.

--
Rick Olson
http://techno-weenie.net