[Mongrel] Gem versioning and auto installs

Neil Wilson neil at aldur.co.uk
Sat Jun 3 17:34:11 EDT 2006

The way the 'mysql' gem handles this is pretty good. It adds the ISO date to
the version number for platforms other than 'ruby', viz:

Select which gem to install for your platform (i686-linux)
 1. mysql 2.7.2006.05.10 (mswin32)
 2. mysql 2.7.2006.04.21 (mswin32)
 3. mysql 2.7 (ruby)
 4. mysql 2.6 (ruby)