[Mongrel] win32 service rocks!

Zed Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Wed Feb 22 01:59:50 EST 2006

Luis,

I'm sitting here playing with the win32 and it is so damn hot.  You're going
to be a famous man with the win32 people.  I think we should release even if
it doesn't have the stop quite right.

I took the time to do a win32-service gem which I think I'll put up on the
mongrel site so people can just gem install and go.  All works great so far.

I also think we should take your examples/mongrel_rails_svc.rb and
examples/mongrel_rails_service.rb and convert them to:

  bin/mongrel_rails_service
  bin/mongrel_rails_svc

That way they can be install automagically by rubygems and available right
on the command line to people.

If you can make this change, sync up with svn, then I'll do a release
tomorrow.

Otherwise it's incredibly cool.  It's sad to say that Mongrel will soon have
better win32 support than Unix.

Zed