[Mongrel] Checked mongrel_rails_service drafts

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 00:00:32 EST 2006

Francois, sorry that I missed comment that.

Zed, still the HttpServer need some work to stop the work threads. The
gracefully part of it still need some work.

Somehow the threading nature of Wrapper or CGI handler make the
service to fail at stop, so will investigate it tomorrow

The SimpleHandler works OK as service, so is CGI handler, I need to
confirm this but guess I'm on the right track.

Til tomorrow

Luis

On 2/22/06, Francois Beausoleil <francois.beausoleil at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2006/2/21, Zed Shaw <zedshaw at zedshaw.com>:> I'll take a look at it.  My impression though is that service would be for> production runs, and just console plain mongrel_rails start would be for> development.  Would this be a reasonable thinking for you?
> Ah, it wasn't clear from Luis' E-Mail if that would be the case. Although, maybe service should plain error out if nothing is specified?  Hmmm, on second thought, no.  Zed, go ahead with what you plannedout here.
> Thanks !François

Luis