[Mongrel] Error : No protocol handler was valid for the URL...

Ezra Zygmuntowicz ezmobius at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 23:40:52 EST 2006

	Nginx has never had a problem setting X-Forwarded-For ever since I
have been using it. Just use these settings as part of the config:

       # needed for HTTPS only
       proxy_set_header X_FORWARDED_PROTO https;

       proxy_set_header  X-Forwarded-For $proxy_add_x_forwarded_for;
       proxy_set_header Host $http_host;
       proxy_redirect false;

	You can see a full config file for nginx/mongrel here: