[Mongrel] Mongrel fails in Win32, mongrel_service missing, with possible fix

Joey Geiger jgeiger at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 20:43:24 EST 2006

thanks for the quick responses...

I guess I was just going off the original post made by Zed upon the
1.0RC announcement, but reading it closer, it does mention 0.2.2, but
I there wasn't a line to *install* it, just remove it. As this was a
completely new ruby install, I wasn't removing an old mongrel
installation. Zed's solution of changing the gem version requirement
should solve the problem for people installing from scratch.

Thanks again.

---SNIP original announcement post ---

WIN32 Install with:

 $ gem uninstall mongrel
 $ gem uninstall gem_plugin
 $ gem uninstall fastthread
 $ gem install fastthread --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases
 $ gem install mongrel --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases
 $ gem install mongrel_service --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases

If you have problems with fastthread then skip it, it's optional on
Win32.  The win32 process is more involved because there hasn't been a
stable release of it for a while now.  That's why you have to remove
everything you can and then re-install.

*** Make sure that gem_plugin is version 0.2.2 or the whole thing dies.  ***

---SNIP original announcement post ---