[Mongrel] file upload

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Thu Dec 28 12:03:57 EST 2006

On Thu, 28 Dec 2006 16:40:28 +0000
"Jim Douglas" <jdz99 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> ...when I start mongrel I noticed in the log that mongrel listens on
> 0.0.0.0:3001
> ** Mongrel available at 0.0.0.0:3001

First, make sure you started your drb server before your mongrel server.  The upload progress uses the drb server to keep track of things.

Second, unless you told mongrel to use 3001 it shouldn't be.  Did you use -p 3001 in the command line or config?

Otherwise, listening on 0.0.0.0 is fine, it's just trying to connect to 0.0.0.0 is bad.  Some OS allow it but they really shouldn't.

http://www.zedshaw.com/
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/