[Mongrel] Thanks For The Present!

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Wed Dec 27 14:39:40 EST 2006

Alright Mongrel people, thanks for contributing to the mayhem around popularity by making me the official King of the Internet.  In case you all missed it, here's my blog post on my first act as King:

http://www.zedshaw.com/blog/2006-12-26.html

Stay tuned for pedro.  I want to make this reign very democratic and chaotic.  (I wonder if the Nitro folks will help with pedro?)

The whole experiment was tons of fun and I think the *best* part was reading the comments:

http://www.workingwithrails.com/recommendation/for/person/5455-zed-shaw

You folks ROCK.  Here's some of my favorite quotes:

  "It's a web application server, baby." -- Steven Lumos

  "Zed Shaw was my master when I was learning to rule the world!" -- Genghis Kahn

  "How can you not vote for Zed after reading his entirely true profile outlining his great deeds." -- The Previous King of the Internet DHH

  "Zed is even more awesome than I am. It's pretty intense." -- Earl the Incredible Squirrel

  "the bitch blackmailed me!"  -- Ryan Davis (lies!)

  "Do Canadians write his name 'Z Shaw'?" -- Kevin Olbrich, Ph.D.

  "Asshole of the best kind." -- Vishnu Gopal

Love it!  Thanks a bunch, and hang on for the second act.  Should be fun.

Oh, and I'll announce the MUDCRAP-CE winners in a few days.  Probably the same time we do our official 1.0 release.

Enjoy!

http://www.zedshaw.com/
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/