[Mongrel] no log/mongrel.log file on win32, looking for suggestions...

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Tue Dec 26 20:38:45 EST 2006

Hello Mongrels around the world!

Been thinking a way to unify the issue I described in the subject.

For those who aren't aware, mongrel (actually, mongrel_rails) only
generate the log file if daemonize was used (-d)

That means no log file under windows, due his lack of
fork/daemonization capabilities.

Now, users that need to run mongrel on windows cannot report and fill
the empty spaces with information truly important about why mongrel
isn't playing nice (or being a bad dog?).

I will like some suggestions on this area, which I think is important,
looking to reduce platform specific *notes*.

A. Should mongrel on windows redirect the output (log information)
from console to a log file, only if -d daemonize was specified (in a
similar way like *nix platforms).

or

B. Or redirect always and suppress all the console information (STDOUT
and STDERR).

Please, mongrel users on windows affected by this provide feedback.

Thanks in advance your time.

--
Luis Lavena
Multimedia systems