[Mongrel] versioning of win32 versus ruby gems

Charles Brian Quinn me at seebq.com
Thu Dec 21 14:13:12 EST 2006

Thanks Steven,

This is using Jamis' net/ssh library and using:

sudo cmd do |channel, stream, data|
       data.each_line do | line |

to regex match lines and type in input.  this could work, but i was
hoping for bash or something simpler....

Guess that means it's time to move my all of my shell scripts over to
ruby (except for the one that installs ruby) ;-)

Thanks!

On 12/21/06, Steven Hansen <runner at berkeley.edu> wrote:
> Charles Brian Quinn wrote:
> > I know we already mentioned this before on the list but I couldn't
> > find it in the archives.  Is there a way to differentiate the versions
> > for ruby/mswin32 so that I could run a command like:
> >
> > # sudo gem install mongrel
> > --source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/ --include-dependencies
> > --version 1.0
> >
> > and have it not prompt me like this:
> >
> > Select which gem to install for your platform (i686-linux)
> >  1. mongrel 1.0 (ruby)
> >  2. mongrel 1.0 (mswin32)
> >  3. Cancel installation
> >
> > my feeble attempts at scripting this and trying to automatically pipe
> > or echo 1 into the installation are failing.
> >
> > Anyone know how to do this automatically, or could we somehow add a
> > number or letter to the version?
> >

> I believe this thread has what you are looking for:
>
> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/226938
>
> Regards,
> Steven

Charles Brian Quinn