[Mongrel] versioning of win32 versus ruby gems

Charles Brian Quinn me at seebq.com
Thu Dec 21 13:38:39 EST 2006

I know we already mentioned this before on the list but I couldn't
find it in the archives.  Is there a way to differentiate the versions
for ruby/mswin32 so that I could run a command like:

# sudo gem install mongrel
--source=http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/releases/ --include-dependencies
--version 1.0

and have it not prompt me like this:

Select which gem to install for your platform (i686-linux)
 1. mongrel 1.0 (ruby)
 2. mongrel 1.0 (mswin32)
 3. Cancel installation

my feeble attempts at scripting this and trying to automatically pipe
or echo 1 into the installation are failing.

Anyone know how to do this automatically, or could we somehow add a
number or letter to the version?

--
Charles Brian Quinn
self-promotion: www.seebq.com