[Mongrel] running mongrel in production on win32

Luis Lavena luislavena at gmail.com
Tue Dec 19 19:27:34 EST 2006

On 12/19/06, frazer horn <frazer.list at gmail.com> wrote:
> Luis
>
> I am using your latest build of mongrel service in production with your
> latest build of mongrel from your site too.  Everything is running really
> well.

I'm glad to heard, I was having  troubles getting rubygem recognize my
yaml definitions for a gem mirror, mostly due line terminations that
differ between platforms.

Until I solve that issue, or Zed made a "official" release for win32,
this will be the only way (manual download).

> Do you have a build of fastthread for windows yet?  Will fastthread even be
> available for win32?

I have builds from previous versions, latest svn code is broken for
win32 (a small fix we are trying with mental).

Anyway, doing some performance testing and process information
collecting for the past days and didn't find any "improvements" on
mongrel process using or not fastthread.

Guess the Mutex leaking problem is worse in *nix or isn't noticeable
under win32.
(At least that will be a huge win for mswin32 :-)

Will talk with Zed and mental tonight and get some fixes for these
issues. Maybe we could have win32 fastthread *just in case*

Later,