[Mongrel] mongrel_cluster: selective restarts

Bradley Taylor bradley at railsmachine.com
Tue Dec 19 12:02:07 EST 2006

> I have 'developed'[1] a small extension to mongrel_cluster that allows
> selective restart of any one listener in a configuration that contains
> more than one listener by using a command like
>
>   mongrel_rails cluster::selectivestart -c config.file -p 3000
>
> This will try to find a listener on port 3000 in the configuration given
> and start it (selectively).

> Now the question: Bradley, if this reaches you, are you interested in
> including this into mongrel_cluster? Or should I just go ahead and
> release this independently? Is anyone interested in this?

Hi Kaspar:

I just found your mail buried deep in my fluxura box. Sorry about that!

I guess my main question is why would you use mongrel_cluster instead of
  the  Mongrel configuration file option (-C) and specify the port on
the command line like 'mongrel_rails  start -C /path/to/your/file -p 3000'?

Regards,
Bradley Taylor
Rails Machine
Virtual Clusters for Web Deployments