[Mongrel] mongrel_cluster: selective restarts

Phillip Oertel phillip.oertel at openbc.com
Mon Dec 18 05:43:52 EST 2006

hi all,

wouldn't this be really useful for updating production servers as well?
instead of taking down all mongrels at once, you could restart one
after another.
so you have zero downtime, and depeding on how smart your script is
even cancel restart of
mongrel n+1 if mongrel n hasn't come up successfully.

cheers,
phillip

---

Am 18.12.2006 um 10:53 schrieb Zed A. Shaw:

> On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 09:52:45 +0100
> Kaspar Schiess <eule at space.ch> wrote:
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> I have tried to reach Bradley (author of mongrel_cluster) by mail,
>> but
>> have not gotten a response. So I'll try trough this channel:
>>

> Send it to me offlist and I'll take a look at it.  Thanks.
>
> --
> Zed A. Shaw, MUDCRAP-CE Master Black Belt Sifu
> http://www.zedshaw.com/
> http://www.awprofessional.com/title/0321483502 -- The Mongrel Book
> http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/
> http://www.lingr.com/room/3yXhqKbfPy8 -- Come get help.

Phillip Oertel
Manager Engineering
phillip.oertel at xing.com

Open Business Club AG, XING
Gaensemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, Germany
Tel +49 40 41 91 31-754, Fax +49 40 41 91 31-11

Please join my network on XING:
http://www.xing.com/profile/Phillip_Oertel

e-mail is strictly forbidden and may be unlawful.