[Mongrel] trying to add another app

Patrick Aljord patcito at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 14:10:11 EST 2006

hey all,
I have an app working great with apache2 and mongrel_cluster.
However, I'm trying to run another application and now when I go to
app1.comit falls to
app2.com and the opposite. That's probably because I messed up somewhere
with the cluster.
this is the content of my conf.d/app1.proxy_cluster.conf:
<Proxy balancer://mongrel_cluster>
  BalancerMember http://app1.com:8000
  BalancerMember http://app1.com:8001
  BalancerMember http://app1.com:8002
</Proxy>

and this is my conf.d/app2.proxy_cluster.conf:
<Proxy balancer://mongrel_cluster>
  BalancerMember http://app2.com:8003
  BalancerMember http://app2.com:8004
</Proxy>

Maybe I need to change the name of my mongrel_cluster but I'm not sure how
to do this :/
this is my sites-enabled/app1.conf:
NameVirtualHost app1.com:80

<VirtualHost 88.191.38.108:80>
  ServerName app1.com
  ServerAlias www.app1.com
  DocumentRoot /home/patcito/testapp/public/
 Include /etc/apache2/conf.d/testapp.common
</VirtualHost>

this is my conf.d/app1.common:
 <Directory "/home/patcito/testapp/public/">
    Options FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
  </Directory>

  RewriteEngine On

  # Make sure people go to www.myapp.com, not myapp.com
  RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^app1.com$ [NC]
  RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.app1.com$1 [R=301,L]

  # Check for maintenance file and redirect all requests
  RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/system/maintenance.html -f
  RewriteCond %{SCRIPT_FILENAME} !maintenance.html
  RewriteRule ^.*$ /system/maintenance.html [L]

  # Rewrite index to check for static
  RewriteRule ^/$ /index.html [QSA]

  # Rewrite to check for Rails cached page
  RewriteRule ^([^.]+)$ $1.html [QSA]

  # Redirect all non-static requests to cluster
  RewriteCond %{DOCUMENT_ROOT}/%{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
  RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ balancer://mongrel_cluster%{REQUEST_URI} [P,QSA,L]

  # Deflate
  AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html text/plain text/xml
application/xml application/xhtml+xml text/javascript text/css
  BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 gzip-only-text/html
  BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4.0[678] no-gzip
  BrowserMatch \bMSIE !no-gzip !gzip-only-text/html

ProxyPass /images !
ProxyPass /stylesheets !
ProxyPass /javascripts !

#continue with other static files that should be served by apache

Alias /images /home/patcito/testapp/public/images
Alias /stylesheets /home/patcito/testapp/public/stylesheets
Alias /javascripts /home/patcito/testapp/public/javascripts

those two files for app2 are similar. Any idea what's wrong?
thanx in advance

Pat