[Mongrel] Debugging high CPU with Mongrel

Dallas DeVries dallas.devries at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 12:36:47 EST 2006

Alright so I got fastthread installed yesterday.  Unfortunately the massive
load spike happened again (until rails cache was deleted of course).  I'm
just wondering if I'm using  killall -USR1 mongrel_rails the proper way.
What sort of messages should I be looking for?  They are suppose to be in
mongrel.log right?  Other than turning the toggling debugging mode to true I
don't seem to be getting any extra info in that mongrel.log or
production.log.  Is there some lower level thing I can try? If it really is
a cache thing and there is a way for me to see it stuck in some process

 Are the 0.3.19pr items pretty much centered around the MIME type stuff or
should I try upgrading to that from .18pr?

Thanks Again,
Dallas