[Mongrel] Early morning strange error saying: Status: 500 Internal Server Error

Matthew Whittaker mwhitt89 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 10:01:23 EST 2006

So I have updated to the latest mongrel and fastthread and my
environment is as follows:

Debian 3.1
Rails 1.1.6
Ruby 1.8.5
Mongrel 0.3.18
Fastthread 0.4
Mongrel Cluster 0.2.1
Apache 2.2.3

I again woke up this morning to my disappointment of seeing the
strange Status: 500 Internal Server error. It happens the same every
morning, I have three mongrels running, two give the error, one
processes the request successfully.

This error is not being reported in ANY logs.  Apache, Mongrel debug,
rails, nothing.  The only thing I notice while tailing the logs is
that the request reaches mongrel and is reported in both rails.log
and threads.log, however the request is NOT being reported in ruby /
rails production.log.  This appears to be craping out in mongrel.
Again this only happens overnight when there is no activity with the
site.  PLEASE HELP.  Is there any way to take a core dump of mongrel?
How can I get more logs to see what is happening.

Regards,

Matt Whittaker