[Mongrel] Does send_file act differently with Mongrel than with Webrick?

mongrel_users at homerlex.mailshell.com mongrel_users at homerlex.mailshell.com
Thu Dec 14 10:53:08 EST 2006

Mongrel 0.3.13.3
Windows XP
Rails 1.1.6

I have a rails app that serves up mp3 files via the send_file command.  We create a playlist (M3U) with URLs to the mp3s.  These play just fine using Windows Media Player.  However using WinAmp we get an error "error syncing to stream" when it tries to request the mp3.

After playing around I found that if I am running Rails under Webrick WinAmp is able to retrieve the mp3s just fine.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is when using Mongrel?

Regards