[Mongrel] compress and max upload size?

Xavier Noria fxn at hashref.com
Sat Dec 9 13:15:20 EST 2006

On Dec 9, 2006, at 4:57 PM, Xavier Noria wrote:

> Well, looks like the limit is working with Nginx, but I get very poor
> performance compared to Apache, same server machine, same (remote)
> stress machine. Apache is serving about 17 req/s, whereas Nginx is
> serving about 5 req/s. Since Nginx is known to be fast I bet my
> config, albeit simple, is somehow wrong. I attach it below in case
> some experienced eye catches something.

I think I got something. The Content-Length reported by ab for Apache
is 4K, and for Nginx is 19K, so my guess is that compression is not
being triggered. If I use wget content is not compressed either. But
it comes compressed if I use Firefox.

That would explain the difference. I will try another stress tool then.

-- fxn