[Mongrel] compress and max upload size?

Aleksandar Lazic al-mongrelusers at none.at
Sat Dec 9 11:21:47 EST 2006

On Sam 09.12.2006 16:57, Xavier Noria wrote:
>Well, looks like the limit is working with Nginx, but I get very poor
>performance compared to Apache, same server machine, same (remote)
>stress machine. Apache is serving about 17 req/s, whereas Nginx is
>serving about 5 req/s. Since Nginx is known to be fast I bet my config,
>albeit simple, is somehow wrong. I attach it below in case some
>experienced eye catches something.

This sounds very bad?!

Sorry if I have overseen but on with os,hw and so on do you run both

>tested with: ab -t 60 -c 5 -H 'Accept-Encoding: gzip'
>Nginx (5 req/s)
>user  daemon;
>error_log  logs/error.log;
>pid        logs/nginx.pid;

Just for my curiosity please can you add:

worker_processes  4;

>events {
>     worker_connections  1024;
>http {
>     include       conf/mime.types;
>     default_type  application/octet-stream;
>     sendfile on;
>     gzip on;
>     gzip_proxied any;

can you try to add this to your config after the test with the
worker_processes ;-):

  gzip_min_length  1100;
  gzip_buffers     4 8k;

Have your some errors in the error log?!

Hth && regards