[Mongrel] max upload size? (was: compress and max upload size?)

Xavier Noria fxn at hashref.com
Sat Dec 9 05:19:45 EST 2006

On Dec 7, 2006, at 9:54 PM, Xavier Noria wrote:

>>    LimitRequestSize 102400
>
> This should read LimitRequestBody, and still looks like it does not
> affect to requests proxied to Mongrel. Which is the way to set the
> limit Apache + mod_proxy_balancer + Mongrel Cluster?

I have not found a way within Apache, and the constants defined in
Mongrel

   /* Defines the maximum allowed lengths for various input elements.*/
   DEF_MAX_LENGTH(FIELD_NAME, 256);
   DEF_MAX_LENGTH(FIELD_VALUE, 80 * 1024);
   DEF_MAX_LENGTH(REQUEST_URI, 1024 * 2);
   DEF_MAX_LENGTH(REQUEST_PATH, 1024);
   DEF_MAX_LENGTH(QUERY_STRING, (1024 * 10));
   DEF_MAX_LENGTH(HEADER, (1024 * (80 + 32)));

do no take the request body into account. There is a MAX_BODY
somewhere but that is just a threshold Mongrel uses to decide when to
switch from StringIO into a tempfile when it handles uploads.

I am not sure what to do next, the client wants a limit. Could you
accomplish that with lighty or any other web server + balancer.

-- fxn