[Mongrel] compress and max upload size?

Xavier Noria fxn at hashref.com
Thu Dec 7 15:54:22 EST 2006

On Dec 7, 2006, at 7:03 PM, Xavier Noria wrote:

> I am using mongrel_cluster with mod_proxy_balancer and would like to
> enable compression (assuming it improves throughtput) and limit file
> size upload. I configured mod_deflate and LimitRequestSize in Apache,
> but in my trials looks like the proxied calls bypass those directives
> (the conf goes below).

Heh, sorry I was doing a telnet to check the response by hand and
forgot to add the header that triggers compression. It is working
fine with the config I sent (minus the typo I mention below).

>    LimitRequestSize 102400

This should read LimitRequestBody, and still looks like it does not
affect to requests proxied to Mongrel. Which is the way to set the
limit Apache + mod_proxy_balancer + Mongrel Cluster?

-- fxn