[Mongrel] Cluster restart leaving orphaned processes?

cleaner416 cleaner416 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 15:19:12 EST 2006

On Dec 7, 2006, at 2:52 PM, Jeroen Houben wrote:

> cleaner416 wrote:
>> My only question is this: when I run mongrel_rails cluster::restart
>> or mongrel_rails cluster::stop/start the old processes do not get
>> killed off and I have to do it manually.  I've noticed this on 3
>> boxes, all running FC5 with user/group mongrel/mongrel.   Any ideas?
> Do you get any error messages? Are you in the right directory? usually
> /path/to/app/current? Do you run the commands as root?

Yeah, ran as root, no error messages, in the root directory of the
app.   Smells like a permissions issue?  Root is doing the
restarting, the app files are all owned by nobody/nobody (expect for
config/mongrel.log) and now I'm seeing that no log/mongrel.pid is
getting created.

Here's the config/mongrel.yml:

user: mongrel
cwd: /data/wwwroot/myapp