[Mongrel] Cluster restart leaving orphaned processes?

cleaner416 cleaner416 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 12:43:02 EST 2006

First off, a big thank you to Zed and the development team for
mongrel and mongrel cluster.   I've deployed it for two apps (through
an apache 2.2 proxy) and it's amazing how much snappier everything
is.   Previously we were using lighttpd and lighttpd-fastcgi proxying
through apache 2.0, which was turning into a hassle for lots of
reasons, most notably the ruby fcgi bindings.   I was shocked at how
easy everything was to get everything up and running with mongrel,
and found the documentation to be just what I needed - not more or less.

My only question is this: when I run mongrel_rails cluster::restart
or mongrel_rails cluster::stop/start the old processes do not get
killed off and I have to do it manually.  I've noticed this on 3
boxes, all running FC5 with user/group mongrel/mongrel.   Any ideas?

(Just as an aside, is there a gateway somewhere where I can search
this list?)