[Mongrel] Debugging high CPU with Mongrel

Dallas DeVries dallas.devries at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 09:30:44 EST 2006

Hi guys thanks for the response,

Yeah I initially figured that the # of files in the directory was the
problem and it was the first thing I changed earlier this week.  I changed
my caching to use many more subdirectories so that I don't have 10,000+
files in one directory any more.  Right now my largest directory has about
2000-3000 files most the rest are much smaller than this. Unfortunately that
change did not help the problem...I can have upwards of 50,000 files so I'm
not sure how feasible memcached is at the moment.   Anyways I'm almost done
with a clean install with apache/mongrel cluster mentioned by Konstantin so
hopefully that solves my problem.