[Mongrel] [SURVEY] MIME types questions for Mongrel 1.0 RC1

Jonathan Weiss jw at innerewut.de
Wed Dec 6 18:00:28 EST 2006

> 1) Should Mongrel support a larger set of default mime types?

Yes, please!

> 2) What should those defaults be?

I'm fine with Apache's default list.

> 3) What should be the default mime type if a file doesn't match?

application/occtect-stream? But I really don't care.

> 3a) Where do you get this default?
> 4) Would anyone object to Mongrel moving the default mime type
> list into a YAML file in the source tree that it loads?
 > **You'd still be able to override like normal.**

no, I would appreciate like such default behavior.

> 5) If your favorite web server does it a particular way,
> do you actually think this is the real standard or just what that web server does?

No idea if Apache's settings are the real standard, in doubt it is

> 5a) Do you think this default could be improved on depending
> on the situation?  Think development vs. production deployments.

no opinion here.

Generally I think that a small default set for
html/css/javascript/xml/zip/img/png&co is really useful.

> Thanks for your time.

Jonathan Weiss